Sports Injury Treatment for Chicago Area Patients
If you have recently suffered a sports-related injury or workplace accident, visit Chicago orthopaedic surgeon Dr. David Burt at the Midwest Sports Medicine Institute. Dr. Burt is proud to offer expert care for a wide range of injuries at his state-of-the-art Chicago sports medicine facility. From diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation, Dr. Burt and his knowledgeable staff will provide a fast and efficient recovery to get you off the training table and back into the game.
What Sports Medicine Procedures Do We Offer?
- ACL Tear – The anterior cruciate ligament is the primary stabilizing ligament of the knee joint. ACL tears are a common sports-related injury and involve difficult rehab.
- MCL Tear – An MCL injury is typically associated with instability in the knee. Dr. Burt offers both surgical and non-surgical treatment options.
- Meniscus Tear – The meniscus can be torn in a number of ways, from sport-related injuries to the wear and tear of daily life. Recovery is often quick and relatively painless.
- Partial Knee Replacement – For patients suffering from knee arthritis in Chicago, Midwest Sports Institute offers the Oxford Partial Knee replacement for fast recovery and better overall function.
- Shoulder Separation – Injury can range from a bruise to an actual separation of the shoulder blade from the collar bone. In serious cases surgical repair may be required.
- Shoulder Dislocation – Shoulder dislocations are relatively common and result in a much higher likelihood of a repeat injury. This can be prevented through physical therapy or arthroscopic surgery.
- Labral Tear – There are two types of labral tears, the SLAP and the Bankart Tear. Chicago patients can treat labral tears with physical therapy or arthroscopic surgery.
- Rotator Cuff Tear – The rotator cuff will not heal on its own once torn and requires minimally invasive rotator cuff surgery.
- Shoulder Resurfacing and Replacement – Treatment is required when the shoulder joint wears down. Replacement surgery will restore the normal gliding surfaces.
Schedule a Consultation for Sport-Injury Care
For more information about the treatment that we offer or to schedule a consultation with our talented team of doctors, contact our Morris Sports Medicine Institute today by calling (815) 941-1885. Serving patients that have suffered sports injuries in the Chicago area.
For directions to our sports injury treatment facility in the Chicago suburb of Morris, click “View Larger Map” below:
The purpose of this report is to describe arthroscopic suprapectoral biceps tenodesis in the lateral decubitus position. Many technique descriptions for this procedure emphasize the beach-chair position to obtain optimal anterior subdeltoid visualization of the relevant anatomy. This is not...Read More